Illig’s bottle thermoformer is an economical way to manufacture bottles for yogurt, juice, vegetables and isotonic sports drinks. The possibility to work with undercuts is a substantial benefit in design and function. The BF70 can produce bottles in virtually any shape from bottles, to figures, to any 3 dimensional shape.
Functional food, on-the-go foods, convenience foods sectors have been growing rapidly of the past years. Escpecially bottles in the range of 50-200ml. Traditionally, these bottles had to be purchased from a special manufacturer and shipped to the manufacturer. The manufacturer has to store large quantities of empty bottles in order to fulfill production demands of todays high speed filling equipment. This means wasted costs transporting and storing empty bottles, in addition to the additional labor and inefficiency of handling and feeding empty bottles.
Consequently, when developing our thermoforming machines we considered the market situation and designed the BF 70 bottle former. The benefits provided by thermoformed products such as lower unit weight, high product stiffness and consistent quality are fully maintained. At first the development was focused on the forming method. Bottles with such pronounced undercuts can only be manufactured using movable tool parts. Additionally, a forming procedure had to be found which would always produce absolutely uniform wall thickness in spite of small basic area and high depth of draw.
At first glance there is no difference between the conventional bottles and the thermoformed ones. When considering the unit weight, however, it becomes obvious right away that the weight of thermoformed bottles – which are in line with market requirements for stability – is much less than the usual weight. The food industry, and especially the dairy companies, can interlink this machine directly with available fill and seal lines.
Benefits of this machine series:
- First tooling system worldwide for forming and punching with steel rule dies.
- Optimization of storage possibility of production parameters for high repeat accuracy, reliable and smooth operation.
- Movable lower tool parts for demolding of bottles with pronounced undercut.
- Bottle forming with sterile pressure air.
- The BF 70 is completely made of VA steel and therefore also suitable for direct interlinkage with existing fill and seal machines in dairy companies.
- Optimum forming temperature due to gradual material heating by means of contact heating plates.
- High output with low maintenance effort. High efficiency due to low energy consumption.
- Fast, reliable commissioning, optimum line availability right from the start.
|Max Web Width||28.3″|
|Max Index Length||9.45″|
|Max Depth of Draw||4.72″|
|Bottle Opening Min||.75″|
|Bottle Opening Max||3.75″|
|Speed||Up to 500 bpm|